Want to work within a team which is driving decisions and shaping the future journey for Commhoist? We have an opening within our Finance team.
Role: Assistant Accountant
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
As a key member of our finance team, you’ll play a vital role in assisting the Financial Controller in producing accurate and timely management information in line with business requirements, whilst ensuring regularity obligations are met.
- Assist with month end close processes including journal entries, reconciling accounts, and producing financial reports, in line with internal reporting deadlines.
- Investigate and implement additional reporting requirements to support the business’s decision making.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Calculate and post monthly WIP balances.
- Analyse and report revenue data.
- Calculate monthly storage charges.
- Calculate and post monthly accruals & prepayments.
- Carrying out variance analysis.
- Complete board pack slides.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and HP schedule.
- Calculate customer rebate schemes.
- Calculate & submit VAT & CIS returns in line with HMRC deadlines.
- Cash management including cash drawdowns, payment processing and banking reconciliations.
- Credit card statement reconciliation & posting.
- Annual CITB levy calculation and submission.
- Assist with the year end audit, compiling necessary information.
- Assist within the finance department as and when required.
The person who joins our team will have:
- Minimum part AAT qualification.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Able to act well under pressure – working individually and within a team.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise a demanding workload, adhering to reporting deadlines.
- Strong analytical and numerical abilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of Sage 200 would be advantageous but not necessary.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Jane Billows at email@example.com. If you’d like an informal chat about the role before applying please contact Jane to discuss an appropriate time.